New Year’s Musical Revels – 6th January 2024, 7.30pm at Ipswich Corn Exchange
Come and celebrate the New Year with Trianon symphony orchestra and choir conducted by Chris Green OBE.
Trianon has long prided itself in offering a light-hearted programme to welcome in the New Year. It rarely is based upon the more traditional Viennese-style of music to be heard on New Year’s Day, although this year is an exception with a group of pieces by the Strauss family and Franz Lehar. For the rest of the programme you can be sure there is no shortage of hummable or even audience-singable tunes.
– – – – – –
Programme includes –
- William Walton – What cheer
- John Rutter – Rejoice and be Merry
- Leroy Anderson – Sleigh Ride
- Vaughan Williams – Wassail Song
- Philip Lane – Wassail Dances
- Fats Weller – Ain’t Misbehavin’
- Leroy Anderson – Bugler’s Holiday
- Furber and Gay – Me and My Girl Medley
- Andrew Burke – arr. More Rodgers and Hammerstein
- Jacques Offenbach – Overture: Orpheus in the Underworld
- Andrew Lloyd Webber – Masquerade (Phantom of the Opera)
- Aram Khatchaturian – Galop (Masquerade)
- Rodgers and Sondheim – Do I hear a waltz?
- Johann Strauss II – Thunder and Lightning Polka
- Franz Lehar – Carnival March
- Johann Strauss I – Radetzky March
- Andrew Burke – arr. Couch Potato Suite